For centuries the scientific and philosophical explanations of the material world were broadly defined by four classical elements: earth, wind, fire, and water. Of course, deeper scientific knowledge has proven that there are more than these four elements when it comes to describing the material world as we know it. BUT, for the purposes of the ELEMENTS photography open call and exhibition we would like you to focus on the four classical elements of the material world: earth, wind, fire, and water. Your entries will be images that define one (or all) of the four elements.
We invite you to participate in this juried open call.
Juror: Anthony Graziano
Media - Photography
Total Entry Images - Maximum: 5
Total Exhibit Images - Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (ELEMENTS): $35.00
Digital submission deadline: Aug. 16th, 2020
Notification of accepted works: Aug 21st, 2020
Framed works due at Gallery: Sept 8th - Sept 12th, 2020
Reception & awards presentation: Thursday, Oct 29th, 2020 from 6:30-8:30pm
Works picked up: November 10th - November 14th, 2020
Accepted entries will be notified by email by the end of the day on Aug. 21st, 2020. If you do not receive a notification on this date, please contact the Gallery: email@example.com or 888-600-5474. Awards will be presented at the reception (awards will be mailed to those not present at the reception).
LIPG Excellence In Photography Awards:
First Place: $125.
Second place: $75.
Third place: $50.
- Only photographically based works depicting the theme will be considered.
- Submission fee is $35 for up to five images to be considered and is non-refundable.
- Payment is only credit card (use this link)
- Framed works may not exceed 36” in width or height.
- Accepted works must be properly framed using braided wire, professionally presented, and ready to hang.
- All works must be for sale. Commissions on works sold: Artist 50%, Long Island Photo Gallery 50%