Long Island Photo Gallery is seeking submissions of works that depict juxtaposition. Any time unlike things bump up against each other, you can describe it as a juxtaposition. Think of beauty and ugliness, calm and chaos, dark and light, rich and poor, old and new, etc. The purpose of juxtaposing two directly or indirectly related entities close together in photograhy is to highlight the contrast between the two and compare them visually.
We invite you to participate in this open call. The juror for this exhibition is Andrew Darlow, photography educator and author.
Media - Photography
Total Entry Images - Maximum: 5
Total Exhibit Images - Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (Juxtaposition): $35.00
Digital submission deadline: September 29, 2019
Notification of accepted works: October 4th, 2019
Framed works due at Gallery: October 22nd - 26th, 2019
Reception & awards presentation: Thursday, December 12th, 2019 from 6:30-8:30pm.
Works picked up: Jan. 2nd - Jan. 7th, 2020
Accepted entries will be notified by email by the end of the day on October 4th, 2019. If you do not receive a notification on this date, please contact the Gallery: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-600-5474. Awards will be presented at the reception (awards will be mailed to those not present at the reception).
LIPG Excellence In Photography Awards:
First Place: $125.
Second place: $75.
Third place: $50.
- Only photographically based works depicting the theme will be considered.
- Submission fee is $35 for up to five images to be considered and is non-refundable.
- Payment is only credit card (use this link)
- Framed works may not exceed 36” in width or height.
- Accepted works must be properly framed using braided wire, professionally presented, and ready to hang.
- All works must be for sale. Commissions on works sold: Artist 50%, Long Island Photo Gallery 50%