Photographs tell a powerful story. Long Island Photo Gallery is seeking submissions of works that depict wildlife as the main subject and that evoke the spirit of the natural world. Wildlife includes any non-domestic animal such as birds, mammals, reptiles, amphibians, fish, crustaceans and insects.
We invite you to participate in this open call to be judged by Richard J. LaBella, award-winning wildlife and nature photographer from Long Island.
Media - Photography
Total Entry Images - Maximum: 5
Total Exhibit Images - Maximum: 3
Entry Fee (A Walk On The Wild Side): $35.00
Digital submission deadline: August 4th, 2019
Notification of accepted works: August 9th, 2019
Framed works due at Gallery: September 3rd - 7th, 2019
Reception & awards presentation: Thursday, September 26th, 2019 from 6:30-8:30pm.
Works picked up: Oc.t 22nd - Oct. 26th, 2019
Accepted entries will be notified by email by the end of the day on August 9th, 2019. If you do not receive a notification on this date, please contact the Gallery: firstname.lastname@example.org or 888-600-5474. Awards will be presented at the reception (awards will be mailed to those not present at the reception).
LIPG Excellence In Photography Awards:
First Place: $125.
Second place: $75.
Third place: $50.
- Only photographically based works depicting the theme will be considered.
- Submission fee is $35 for up to five images to be considered and is non-refundable.
- Payment is only credit card (use this link)
- Framed works may not exceed 36” in width or height.
- Accepted works must be properly framed using braided wire, professionally presented, and ready to hang.
- All works must be for sale. Commissions on works sold: Artist 50%, Long Island Photo Gallery 50%